As a nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization, Lyric Theatre depends on the generosity and support of individuals to sustain and enhance its ability to bring quality theatrical performances to the South Bay community. The cost to mount a fully staged musical with sets, costumes, and orchestra typically runs around $40K - $50K, with ticket sales only covering about half of the expenses. Please consider making Lyric Theatre a part of your charitable contributions so that we can continue bringing this beloved art form to the residents of Santa Clara Valley.
Memorials, dedications, or honoraria will be acknowledged in our programs, with your permission, of course. Remember, the recent changes to the Federal Tax laws allow you to deduct the entire appreciated value of securities donated to a tax-exempt organization.
Here are some examples of how your donation can help:
- $50 will pay a pianist for two rehearsals
- $100 will buy make-up for one production
- $250 will buy lighting supplies for one production
- $500 will pay for program printing costs for one production
- $1000 will buy supplies and paint to build the set for one production
- $2000 will buy costume fabrics and supplies for one production
- $2500 will pay for Worker's Compensation for one production
- $5000 will pay the rent for our rehearsal facility for one month
Make a contribution to Lyric Theatre using our secure site.
If you would like to donate to Lyric Theatre via personal check, please mail to: PO Box 6741 San Jose, CA 95150. Please make sure to include your current address, phone number, and email address (if applicable), so that we can send you a receipt.